Casino Volunteers Needed
The FFCA South Middle School Campus Society fundraises for technology, equipment and items that support student learning at SMS. As your family begins planning for events into the new year please consider volunteering for our upcoming casino. The last casino event brought in over $64,700 to SMS! Pretty nice for just two days.
The next casino for SMS is on Thursday, March 14, 2019 and Friday, March 15, 2019 at Deerfoot Inn & Casino.
At this time, we have filled just over half of the positions. Over the two days, there are 21 positions in all to fill. If our school is unable to fully staff our casino the opportunity will be given to another organization. The following positions are still available;
Thursday March 14;
Start 11am - 7:30pm General Manager, Banker, Cashier x2, Chip Runner x2
Start 6:45pm - 3:45am Cashier, Chip Runner
Start 11pm - 3:45am Countroom Staff x4
Friday March 15;
Start 11am - 7:30pm Chip Runner x1
Start 11pm - 3:45am Countroom Staff x3
Backup Volunteer x2
Please contact April Fisher (Campus Society, Chair) (firstname.lastname@example.org) to volunteer or for more information.
Training and support will be provided by a licensed Casino Advisor in both the Cash Cage and the Count Room.
Volunteering at the casino is easy and fun. Duties have been refined over a number of years and are now easy and pleasant to follow. The casino is a safe endeavor. Cameras
and Security monitor the casino premises at all times. If it is desired, a security guard will be glad to escort any volunteer to their vehicle at the end of their shift.
GENERAL MANAGER/ALTERNATE GENERAL MANAGER
- Responsible for total operation of casino including gaming floor, security, cashier's cage and count room.
- Ensures a sufficient number of volunteers for each day.
- Must be present in the Casino at all times during table game operations.
- Ensures signed cheques are available to pay expenses on the beginning of the first day.
- Controls drop box keys.
- Substitutes in volunteer positions on their breaks and in unavoidable staffing emergencies. (General Manager/Alternate is not expected to fill staff positions under normal circumstances.)
- Should review Casino Terms and Conditions booklet before casino.
- Controls Cashier's cage floats of chips and cash.
- Assisted by Cash Cage Advisor.
- Busy only during opening, volunteer shift changes and closing of casino.
- Keeps track of all cash/chip transfers on Casino Track.
- Mathematical skills helpful.
- Cashes in chips for players and makes change.
- Cashier has own float - does not share cash/chip float with anybody.
- This position is quite challenging, and requires concentration and accuracy.
- This position not recommended for color blind volunteers.
- Good manual dexterity is helpful.
- Courier (runner) for chip orders (requests) from casino games.
- Volunteer must be prepared to move around.
- Position is usually busy at opening and closing of casino.
- Volunteer must be able to carry up to five pounds (2 kilograms) of chips.
COUNT ROOM SUPERVISOR
- Works with Count room Advisor in recording cash counts and game wins and losses.
- Administrative skills useful, good math (number) skills are very helpful.
- Not required to handle cash.
COUNT ROOM STAFF
- Sorts, amalgamates, counts and verifies all cash from table game drop boxes.
- Cash handling skills are an asset.
- Volunteers should be good working with their hands.
Grade 8 Information Evening at High School
Please click below to get important high school information for grade 8 students.
School News View All
Invitation to Grade 8 Students
Posted on Oct 19 2018
Please click here to view the invitation from the High School.
Important Information for Welcome Back BBQ
Posted on Aug 29 2018
This year registration for the BBQ will be done through our new hot lunch program Healthy Hunger. Please see the attached documents for instructions. BBQ Healthy Hunger
Online Video Answers... “WHAT ARE PUBLIC CHARTER SCHOOLS?”
Posted on Nov 16 2018
The Association of Alberta Public Charter Schools (www.taapcs.ca) has produced a pair of videos which explain what public charter schools are and how they are a distinctive part of Alberta’s public education system. Whether…
We Walk for Water - Character Education in Action - An NMS & NWE Joint Project
Posted on May 28 2018
As one of the teacher advisors to the Student Leadership Club (SLC) here at North Middle, I have the privilege of working with some amazing students. Our students and teachers are passionate about making our school, community and…